Meet Your Instructor!
(Pictured In Above Graphic)
Susan Hale is an award-winning educator, corporate professional trainer, and homeschool mom who focuses on providing easy-to-use, professional-looking homeschool record-keeping and transcript tools as well as online interactive self-paced and instructor-guided computer, leadership, and business skill courses.
Susan has a passion for organization and a knack for breaking down big tasks into small, manageable steps that allows her to help reduce the busyness of today’s homeschool journey. She offers several online computer software, leadership, and business skill classes that target independent-learning in a fun and interactive manner to ease the need for a parent-taught curriculum.
Susan and her husband have three children and are passionate about homeschooling. They live in the south surrounded by family and the wonderful smell of sea air.
Connect with Susan online at [email protected] or via the Facebook group, Homeschooling Super Moms.
Would you like your high school student to be more prepared for the business world? Would you like them to be able to walk into the workplace comfortable using the most popular software programs used in business today...Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint? Would you like them to know more about file management, folder creation, file storage, and file & folder organization? How about knowing how to create functional and dynamic spreadsheets or research papers or resumes?
And, did you know that no matter what path your student takes...college, trade school, office position, or production job...they need to be familiar with how to manage files and folders as well as how to use the Microsoft Office products? It's true! Almost all jobs today require some kind of knowledge of at least one of the Microsoft Office products.
- Are you looking for a two (2) semester / 36 module online self-paced class that teaches students how to use these Microsoft Office products?
- Would you like your student to be able to do the class on their own while being guided through the program with weekly dripped out class content to help keep them on track?
- Would you like a class that eliminates you having to teach class content?
If you said yes to any of the above questions,
this sounds like the class you're looking for and
you've come to the right place!
This class includes:
- Two-semesters of organized self-paced class content. That's a one-full academic year class.
- Weekly dripped out course content to help keep students organized and on-track.
- Two-semester / one-full academic year of daily assignments (36 modules with 5 daily assignments for each module)
- Easy-to-follow daily assignment video lessons
- Downloadable and printable weekly assignments, study guide, and study guide answer pages.
- Downloadable and printable weekly ebook chapters. (By the end of course, it is full-course manual as an easy reference guide.)
- Online automatically graded quizzes and tests
How Do Students Access The Recorded Online Class?
Students simply log into their account at www.SolutionPointLearning.com. Students will also receive weekly emails where they can click the website link.
Students will learn computer skills used in today’s businesses. Here's a light overview of what's covered in the course.
- History of Computers and Social Media
- Email Do's and Don'ts
- How to Use Windows® File Explorer®
- How to Use Microsoft® Outlook® Email
- How to Use Microsoft® Excel® (Beginning & Intermediate Levels)
- How to Use Microsoft® PowerPoint®
- How to use Microsoft® Word®
- & more
Students will learn how to place data and information into spreadsheets; create basic formulas; format data for practical; create professional-looking worksheets; create charts; and more. Students will also be introduced to business Internet usage expectations, email basics, and email do’s and don’ts.
They will also learn to create polished and professional-looking PowerPoint presentations and share them with their fellow classmates.
In the Microsoft Word section, they learn how to create resumes as well as research paper features such as footnotes, endnotes, tables of contents, and more.
*** A detailed course outline is provided in the Course Curriculum section below. Please note, course content may not take place in the order in which it's listed on the course outline.
How Many Weeks Does The Course Run?
The course is designed to run 36 weeks.
How Many Credits Is The Class Worth?
The class provides a lot of content and can be assigned as either a one-credit or two-credit hour class, and as the parent, you can determine the number of credits your child is to receive.
What Version Of Microsoft Office Will Be Used?
This class is specifically for PCs using Microsoft Windows. The instructor will be using Microsoft Office 2016. However, for the student success, it is recommended students use the same version or higher. However, those with any version Microsoft Office 2007 and above will work. Please note, this class does not teach Microsoft Excel for the Mac.
How Long Do Students Have Access To The Overall Program?
Even after your student completes the course, they will have lifetime access to the program. This allows students to refresh their software knowledge whenever necessary.
- 4.1 Recorded Online Instructor-led Class Session (22:32)
- 4.2 Creating The Class Desktop Files (3:56)
- 4.3 Creating An Email Message (1:43)
- 4.4 Parts of The Email Message (5:29)
- 4.5 Opening & Previewing Email Messages (5:29)
- 4.6 Responding to Email Messages (Reply, Reply All, & Forward) (7:57)
- 4.7 Deleting Email Messages (4:08)
- 4.8 Working With Folders (9:51)
- 4.9 Moving Email Messages Into Folders (6:31)
- 4.10 Printing Email Messages (3:10)
- 4.11 Working With Email Attachments (5:29)
- 5.1 Recorded Online Instructor-led Class (38:35)
- 5.2 Worksheets Vs. Workbooks, Active Worksheets, Menus, & Ribbons (5:35)
- 5.3 Quick Access Toolbar, Title Bar, Window Commands, Name Box, & Formula Bar (6:24)
- 5.4 Name Box & The Active Cell (1:15)
- 5.5 Cell Addresses (4:53)
- 5.6 Formula Bar, Scroll Bars, View & Zoom Controls, Status Bar, & Backstage View (6:48)
- 5.7 Cell Ranges & Regions (5:13)
- 5.8 Creating & Opening Workbooks (3:11)
- 5.9 Optional Video - Help With The Activity in Module 5, Pages 16-17
- 6.1 Recorded Online Instructor-led Class (36:54)
- 6.2 Selecting Cells, Select All, & Mouse Cursor Shapes (8:10)
- 6.3 Mouse To Select Cells & Navigate (10:40)
- 6.4 Keyboard To Select Cells & Navigate (7:40)
- 6.5 Cell Content (9:45)
- 6.6 Undo & Repeat Features (3:22)
- 6.7 Save, Save As, & The Help Feature (11:41)
- 7.1 Recorded Online Instructor-led Class (42:43)
- 7.2 Easy Homeschool Attendance Tracker (13:21)
- 7.3 Overview of the Basic Student Grade Book (6:53)
- 7.4 Grading Student Schoolwork (4:06)
- 7.5 Enter Student Name & Class Information (4:09)
- 7.6 The Grading Scale for the Basic Student Grade Book (1:09)
- 7.7 Assigning Course Work Weights Inside The Basics Student Grade Book (12:44)
- 7.8 Saving & Reusing The Basic Student Grade Book (7:26)
- 8.1 Instructor-led Class (23:16)
- 8.2 Entering & Editing Data (3:11)
- 8.3 Moving, Copying, & Renaming Worksheets (11:57)
- 8.4 Navigating Using Worksheet Tabs (6:06)
- 8.5 Creating Formulas, Basic Mathematical Operators, & Cell References Vs. Constant Numbers (15:46)
- 8.6 Order of Operation (4:46)
- 8.7 Module 8 Recap (8:59)
- 9.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (32:13)
- 9.2 Using Functions (8:20)
- 9.3 AutoSum (8:12)
- 9.4 The Formula Bar & Insert Function Button (7:19)
- 9.5 AutoComplete (3:54)
- 9.6 Formulas Tab & Ribbon (1:46)
- 9.7 Reusing Formulas (1:17)
- 9.8 Copying Formulas (10:34)
- 9.9 Autofill To Copy (6:12)
- 9.10 Moving Cell Content & Formulas (7:41)
- 9.11 Using Paste Special (9:35)
- 11.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (28:54)
- 11.2 Formulas & Autofill (3:21)
- 11.3 Dates & Autofill (2:12)
- 11.4 Months and Autofill (1:24)
- 11.5 Quarters and Autofill (1:35)
- 11.6 Times & Autofill (3:54)
- 11.7 Custom Lists & Autofill (2:38)
- 11.8 Numeric Info & Autofill (6:54)
- 11.9 Creating Chart Sheets (7:29)
- 11.10 Creating Embedded Charts (10:27)
- 11.11 Module Recap (4:45)
- 12.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (30:53)
- 12.2 Naming Cells (11:50)
- 12.3 Inserting & Deleting Columns & Rows (5:14)
- 12.4 Clearing Cell Information (2:28)
- 12.5 Transposing Cell Information (3:37)
- 12.6 Spell Check (7:19)
- 12.7 Find & Replace (4:48)
- 12.8 Column Widths & Row Heights (7:18)
- 12.9 Hiding Columns & Rows (3:29)
- 13.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (19:30)
- 13.2 Applying Borders (9:47)
- 13.3 Applying Cell & Font Colors (5:46)
- 13.4 Modifying Cell Alignment Part 1 of 2 (7:06)
- 13.5 Modifying Cell Alignment Part 2 of 2 (2:23)
- 13.6 Bolding, Italicizing, & Underlining (1:56)
- 13.7 Changing Fonts & Font Size (4:02)
- 13.8 Modifying Numeric Information (2:19)
- 13.9 Repeating Cell Format (3:49)
- 13.10 Formatting Cells Using A Dialog Box (3:49)
- 14.1 Instructor-led Session (13:54)
- 14.2 Overview of Print Features (3:49)
- 14.3 Printing Worksheets (6:49)
- 14.4 Changing Print Orientation (3:06)
- 14.5 Adjusting Page Margins (5:37)
- 14.6 Altering The Size Of The Print Area (2:10)
- 14.7 Fitting Content To The Page Size (4:09)
- 14.8 Inserting Headers & Footers (9:06)
- 14.9 Repeating Column & Row Titles (3:36)
- 14.10 Recap of Print Features (5:57)
- 17.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (19:08)
- 17.2 Creating Formulas By Calculating Across Worksheets, Manually Typing or Using Your Mouse To Create These Formulas (10:46)
- 17.3 Using Named Cells To Create Formulas With Data From Different Worksheets (9:23)
- 17.4A Using Functions To Calculate Data From Different Worksheets (6:16)
- 17.4B Using Functions When Data Is Located On The Same Cell On Each Worksheet (5:29)
- 17.5 Automatically Update Text Information Housed Elsewhere (10:17)
- 17.6 Creating Calculations From Data Located On Other Workbooks (9:48)
- 17.7 Quickly Adding Worksheets To A Workbook (0:59)
- 24.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (26:40)
- 24.2 Changing Font Styles & Sizes (6:09)
- 24.3 Clearing Font Formatting (2:12)
- 24.4 Bulleting & Numbering Lists (5:27)
- 24.5 Changing List Levels (5:05)
- 24.6 Adjusting Line Spacing (9:21)
- 24.7 Changing Text Direction (2:00)
- 24.8 Part 1 Applying Character Formatting (8:36)
- 24.8 Part 2 Applying Character Formatting (6:56)
- 24.9 Modifying Text Alignment (2:38)
- 25.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (29:59)
- 25.2 Inserting Pictures, Shapes, & SmartArt (21:19)
- 25.3 Resizing Graphic Objects & Resizing Graphic Objects Proportionately (7:53)
- 25.4 Rotating, Deleting & Moving Pictures & Graphic Objects (4:41)
- 25.5 Selecting & Grouping Multiple Pictures & Objects (5:02)
- 25.6 Assigning Single Animation (14:03)
- 25.7 Displaying The Animation Pane & Reordering, Removing, & Triggering Animation (13:12)
- 25.8 Changing Effect Options (3:11)
- 25.9 Assigning Multiple Animation To A Slide Item (6:29)
- 25.10 Modifying The Slide Background & Applying Slide Transitions (8:23)
- 27.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (13:32)
- 27.2 Introduction to Microsoft Word (2:13)
- 27.3 Microsoft Word Menus & Ribbons (3:00)
- 27.4 Microsoft Office Software Similarities (1:11)
- 27.5 Selecting Text Using Your Keyboard (2:13)
- 27.6 Selecting Text Using Your Mouse (2:14)
- 27.7 Paragraph Spacing (2:03)
- 27.8 Paragraph Alignment (3:09)
- 28.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (8:47)
- 28.2 Identifying Paragraphs & Other Indicators (9:53)
- 28.3 Selecting Text (8:30)
- 28.4 Paragraph Spacing (8:02)
- 28.5 Indenting Paragraphs (12:16)
- 28.6 Working with Tabs & Displaying The Ruler (13:59)
- 28.7 Working with Different Tab Types & The Ruler (11:23)
- 28.8 Working With Different Tab Types & The Dialog Box (12:49)
- 29.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (19:58)
- 29.2 Changing Font Style, Size, & Color (14:49)
- 29.3 Changing Case (9:07)
- 29.4 Bolding, Italicizing, & Underling (7:48)
- 29.5 Using Strikethrough, Subscript, & Superscript (8:13)
- 29.6 Adding Bullets & Numbering (17:03)
- 29.7 Working with Text Effects (5:39)
- 29.8 Highlighting Text (5:09)
- 29.9 Aligning Text (9:19)
- 29.10 Changing Paragraph Backgrounds (6:55)
- 30.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (3:04)
- 30.2 Keeping Hyphenated Words Together (3:22)
- 30.3 Inserting Symbols (7:37)
- 30.4 Adding & Editing Drop Caps (7:35)
- 30.5 Applying A Page Border (8:43)
- 30.6 Applying A Paragraph Border (8:02)
- 30.7 Using The Format Painter (5:17)
- 30.8 Working with Pre-Defined Styles (7:40)
- 30.9 Applying & Customizing A Document Design (5:44)
- 30.10 Clearing All Formatting (3:15)
- 31.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (21:23)
- 31.2 Working with Headers & Footers (15:40)
- 31.3 Adding & Resetting Page Numbers (8:03)
- 31.4 Applying Page & Section Breaks (14:59)
- 31.5 Using Section Breaks with Headers, Footers, & Page Numbers (13:15)
- 31.6 Page Set-up Features (14:55)
- 31.7 Working with Columns (11:01)
- 31.8 Inserting Tables (16:23)
- 33.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (8:53)
- 33.2 Increasing & Decreasing Font Sizes (9:30)
- 33.3 Applying Page Borders & Colors (10:04)
- 33.4 Adding A Document Theme/Color Theme (11:14)
- 33.5 Using Spell Check (5:42)
- 33.6 Using the Thesaurus (2:14)
- 33.8 Adding Columns to Your Document (7:31)
- 33.9 Using the Go To Feature (3:35)
- 33.10 Changing Margins & Document Orientation (7:28)
- 33.11 Working with the Print Features (6:10)
- 33.12 Working with Save & Save As Features (15:38)
- 35.1 Recorded Instructor-led Session (14:52)
- 35.2 Creating Different Document Headers & Footers (14:41)
- 35.3 Adjusting Page Numbers (11:50)
- 35.4 Changing Page Orientation (4:51)
- 35.5 Working With Columns (11:01)
- 35.6 Assigning A Text Style (17:03)
- 35.6 Assigning A Text Style (7:40)
- 35.7 Applying A Document Design (5:44)
- 35.8 Adding & Updating Tables of Contents (13:12)
- 35.9 Inserting Footnotes & Endnotes (13:05)
- 35.10 Reorganizing Document Content
- 35.11 Customizing Bullets (17:03)
Take away all the stress and headaches of tracking grades, records, and school activities. Enter the info once, EARS will do the rest! 19 reports with your child’s report card automatically created. No experience necessary. Easy step-by-step instructions are provided. Plus, live and recorded coaching sessions included.
High school transcripts can’t get much easier than this! Complete our questionnaire, email it to us, and we’ll do the rest. Submit the completed questionnaire and get a pre-graduation transcript. Submit the final questionnaire and get an official post-graduation transcript. Plus, print as many transcripts as needed. It’s that easy!
Have questions? Attend any of the live and/or recorded online coaching sessions.