Meet Your Instructor!
(Pictured In Above Graphic)
Susan Hale is an award-winning educator, corporate professional trainer, and homeschool mom who focuses on providing easy-to-use, professional-looking homeschool record-keeping and transcript tools as well as online interactive self-paced and instructor-guided computer, leadership, and business skill courses.
Susan has a passion for organization and a knack for breaking down big tasks into small, manageable steps that allows her to help reduce the busyness of today’s homeschool journey. She offers several online computer software, leadership, and business skill classes that target independent-learning in a fun and interactive manner to ease the need for a parent-taught curriculum.
Susan and her husband have three children and are passionate about homeschooling. They live in the south surrounded by family and the wonderful smell of sea air.
Connect with Susan online at [email protected] or via the Facebook group, Homeschooling Super Moms.
Would you like your high school student to be more prepared for the business world?
Would you like them to be able to walk into the workplace comfortable using one of the most popular software programs used in business today...Microsoft Word?
Would you like them to know how to create functional and dynamic documents, research papers, and resumes?
If you said yes to any of the above, you're in the right place!
Did you know that no matter what path your student takes...college, trade school, office position, or production job...they need to be familiar with at least one of the Microsoft Office products? It's true!
This program includes:
- Ten weekly online instructor-led classes with daily assignments between each weekly session.
- (Recordings available in the event of their absence or if they opt to do the class self-paced.)
- Downloadable and printable weekly assignments, study guide, study guide answer pages, and eBooks.
- Online automatically graded quizzes and tests
How Do Students Access The Live Online Instructor-led Sessions?
There are two ways to access the link to the live instructor-led sessions. Students can either open the weekly email delivered straight to their inbox and click the class link. Or, students can log into this course and click the link inside each module's toolbox.
Students will learn word processing skills used in today’s businesses.
Students will learn to create polished and professional-looking documents. They'll discover a wide variety of formatting features, create custom tabs, work with margins, page setup features, headers, footers, and more.
They will work with research paper features such as footnotes, endnotes, tables of contents, cover pages, and more.
*** A detailed course outline is provided in the Course Curriculum section below. Please note, course content may not take place in the order in which it's listed on the course outline.
How Long Does The Course Run?
The course runs from September through November and includes 10 modules of content. In other words, ten weeks containing five daily lessons each.
Students meet with their teacher once a week for ten sessions. Between sessions, students complete daily assignments.
Here are the class dates and times of the instructor-led sessions.
- Monday, September 12 from 11:00 AM to 11:50 AM Central
- Monday, September 19 from 11:00 AM to 11:50 AM Central
- Monday, September 26 from 11:00 AM to 11:50 AM Central
- Monday, October 3 from 11:00 AM to 11:50 AM Central
- Monday, October 10 from 11:00 AM to 11:50 AM Central
- Monday, October 17 from 11:00 AM to 11:50 AM Central
- Monday, October 24 from 11:00 AM to 11:50 AM Central
- Monday, October 31 from 11:00 AM to 11:50 AM Central
- Monday, November 7 from 11:00 AM to 11:50 AM Central
- Monday, November 14 from 11:00 AM to 11:50 AM Central
How Many Credits Is The Class Worth?
The class provides a lot of content and can be assigned as either a half-credit or full-credit hour class, and as the parent, you can determine the number of credits your child is to receive.
What Version Of Microsoft Office Will Be Used?
This class is specifically for PCs using Microsoft Windows. The instructor will be using Microsoft Office 2016. However, for the student success, it is recommended students use the same version or higher. However, those with any version Microsoft Office 2007 and above will work. Please note, this class does not teach Microsoft Word for the Mac or iPad.
How Long Do Students Have Access To The Overall Program?
Students have 18 months of access to all the content within the eLearning program. This allows students to continue the learning even after the live instructor-led sessions have ended. This way, if students want to slow the learning process, they'll still have access even after the instructor-led sessions have ended.
What Happens If My Child Misses Class or Gets Behind Schedule?
The program is flexible and students have options. We always encourage students to jump into class at every available opportunity, but students can also complete the program as a self-paced course.
- 1.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (13:32)
- 1.2 Introduction to Microsoft Word (2:13)
- 1.3 Microsoft Word Menus & Ribbons (3:00)
- 1.4 Microsoft Office Software Similarities (1:11)
- 1.5 Selecting Text Using Your Keyboard (2:13)
- 1.6 Selecting Text Using Your Mouse (2:14)
- 1.7 Paragraph Spacing (2:03)
- 1.8 Paragraph Alignment (3:09)
- 2.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (8:47)
- 2.2 Identifying Paragraphs & Other Indicators (9:53)
- 2.3 Selecting Text (8:30)
- 2.4 Paragraph Spacing (8:02)
- 2.5 Indenting Paragraphs (12:16)
- 2.6 Working with Tabs & Displaying The Ruler (13:59)
- 2.7 Working with Different Tab Types & The Ruler (11:23)
- 2.8 Working With Different Tab Types & The Dialog Box (12:49)
- 3.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (19:58)
- 3.2 Changing Font Style, Size, & Color (14:49)
- 3.3 Changing Case (9:07)
- 3.4 Bolding, Italicizing, & Underling (7:48)
- 3.5 Using Strikethrough, Subscript, & Superscript (8:13)
- 3.6 Adding Bullets & Numbering (17:03)
- 3.7 Working with Text Effects (5:39)
- 3.8 Highlighting Text (5:09)
- 3.9 Aligning Text (9:19)
- 3.10 Changing Paragraph Backgrounds (6:55)
- 4.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (3:04)
- 4.2 Keeping Hyphenated Words Together (3:22)
- 4.3 Inserting Symbols (7:37)
- 4.4 Adding & Editing Drop Caps (7:35)
- 4.5 Applying A Page Border (8:43)
- 4.6 Applying A Paragraph Border (8:02)
- 4.7 Using The Format Painter (5:17)
- 4.8 Working with Pre-Defined Styles (7:40)
- 4.9 Applying & Customizing A Document Design (5:44)
- 4.10 Clearing All Formatting (3:15)
- 5.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (21:23)
- 5.2 Working with Headers & Footers (15:40)
- 5.3 Adding & Resetting Page Numbers (8:03)
- 5.4 Applying Page & Section Breaks (14:59)
- 5.5 Using Section Breaks with Headers, Footers, & Page Numbers (13:15)
- 5.6 Page Set-up Features (14:55)
- 5.7 Working with Columns (11:01)
- 5.8 Inserting Tables (16:23)
- 7.1 Recorded Instructor-led Class (8:53)
- 7.2 Increasing & Decreasing Font Sizes (9:30)
- 7.3 Applying Page Borders & Colors (10:04)
- 7.4 Adding A Document Theme/Color Theme (11:14)
- 7.5 Using Spell Check (5:42)
- 7.6 Using the Thesaurus (2:14)
- 7.7 Moving & Copying Text
- 7.8 Adding Columns to Your Document (7:31)
- 7.9 Using the Go To Feature (3:35)
- 7.10 Changing Margins & Document Orientation (7:28)
- 7.11 Working with the Print Features (6:10)
- 7.12 Working with Save & Save As Features (15:38)
- 8.1 Recorded Instructor-led Session
- 8.2 Selecting Document Content (10:47)
- 8.3 Paragraph Spacing (8:07)
- 8.4 Creating Custom Tabs (24:14)
- 8.5 Indenting Paragraphs (5:18)
- 8.6 Adding Space for Binding Materials (6:32)
- 8.7 Adding Page & Section Breaks (17:52)
- 8.8 Using Section Breaks to Center Cover Page Content (13:51)
- 9.1 Recorded Instructor-led Session (14:52)
- 9.2 Creating Different Document Headers & Footers (14:41)
- 9.3 Adjusting Page Numbers (11:50)
- 9.4 Changing Page Orientation (4:51)
- 9.5 Working With Columns (11:01)
- 9.6 Assigning A Text Style (17:03)
- 9.6 Assigning A Text Style (7:40)
- 9.7 Applying A Document Design (5:44)
- 9.8 Adding & Updating Tables of Contents (13:12)
- 9.9 Inserting Footnotes & Endnotes (13:05)
- 9.10 Reorganizing Document Content
- 9.11 Customizing Bullets (17:03)